Coconut-Blueberry Cheesecake BarsPosted: June 30, 2008
BH&G, May 2008
Coconut-Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup finely crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup ground pecans
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. brandy OR milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
2. For crust, in small saucepan heat butter over medium heat until the color of light brown sugar. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. In medium bowl stir together graham crackers, flour, coconut, pecans, and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir in butter until combined. Evenly press on bottom of prepared pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar on medium until combined. Add eggs, brandy/milk, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle blueberries.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes or until center appears set. Cool in pan on rack. Cover and refrigerate. Cut into bars. Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Makes 32 bars.
Nutritional information (per bar): Cal 136, fat 9, sat fat 5, chol 46, sodium 78 , carbs 1, fiber 1, protein 2.