Year in ReviewPosted: March 3, 2009
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? I went through a corn maze!
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t really make them, they are more like fleeting thoughts of things that I *should* do. I have a few things in mind (see earlier post) but that’s about it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, there were several new babies for me to hold this year! My friend Tarah deserves a special mention, though. She didn’t technically “give birth” but she has opened her heart and home SIX different times this year to foster children and babies. I have so much respect for Tarah and her husband Jody, and they have done an excellent job with each child. It is heartbreaking to see them go, but it’s also good to know that they had a much better start to their lives than a lot of kids.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, I lost my first grandparent in March. I still miss him like crazy, I was his “Number One” since I’m the oldest grandchild. It’s sad to walk into his house and not hear him say, “Well, there’s my number one!”
5. What countries did you visit? Uh, U.S. Texas, Colorado, and North Carolina specifically.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More money (I said it), better health (well on my way) and less overall stress in my life (I’m working on it). I would also like for both of us (me and my husband) to stay employed in 2009! Unless, of course, Kevin gets really rich and makes me a Stay At Home Dog Mom.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 27. The day Kevin got laid off. I didn’t know it at the time, but it was the best thing that could have happened to him/us.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Not killing my husband.
9. What was your biggest failure? I continue to let some of my “friends” get to me when I shouldn’t. There are a few that cause me undue stress and do not treat me with the respect that I deserve, and this year I will NOT let that happen.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? High blood pressure (under control now!!! Yay!) and migraines. Thanks to #7, mainly. I am currently sick as shit, but hopefully that will not be the case in a few days!
11. What was the best thing you bought? My laptop.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My friend Tarah. See #3. I have the utmost respect for her!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? See #9. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, bills, bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? GT08 and my family vacation to Colorado. And as of a week ago, our brand new Wii!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Low by FloRida (?). If you’re a Fuzzy’s patio groupie, you know why.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder. No particular reason, other than I’m sick and it’s the only thing I can think about. ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner!! iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Slept.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing about money. I feel like I’ve aged so much this year.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent Christmas at my sister’s house. Kevin did all of the cooking this year and he did an excellent job! I was so proud of him. I spent a few hours of Christmas Day passed out on my sister’s bed. I was sick (big shock there).
21. How will you be ringing in the New Year? Honestly, I will probably be at home. We are going to my sister’s house but seeing as how I am feeling like I am on my deathbed it probably won’t be a late night!
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? No. In 2009, I plan to make it a point to fall BACK in love with my husband. It’s been a really tough year for our marriage, and I worry about it sometimes more than I care to admit.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Brothers & Sisters and Lipstick Jungle. And of course, the oldie but goodie SATC.
25. What was something you needed to do and didn’t get around to? Buy a new couch.
26. What was the best book you read? Uhhhhhhhh…there was a really great one that I told all of my friends about, but I guess it wasn’t that great because I can’t remember what it was.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Jason Mraz. I know, I know.
28. What did you want and get? Laptop and Wii. Got both!
29. What did you want and not get? My dream couch. A new job.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? SATC, duh.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?On my birthday – uh. Probably went out to eat? I turned 31. Birthdays just aren’t a huge deal to me.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More money. And a new couch 🙂
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Find one thing you like and buy it in every color. Thanks, Old Navy boatneck 3/4 sleeve tees! I love you and will miss you terribly.
34. What kept you sane? Who knows. Lexapro?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Paul Rudd/Jon Krasinski. The usual.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? All of the Prop 8 bullshit. The election. This was the first time I really got into it, and I’m glad I did.
37. Who did you miss? My Gran-Gran. Logan when he’s not around.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Amie Foreskin!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Marriage is not easy.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it. 🙂