Fruit and Oat SquaresPosted: March 23, 2009
These are very similar to Pioneer Woman’s Apricot Bars, which I LOVED on Girl Trip ’08 🙂
Fruit and Oat Squares
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup uncooked quick oats
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
3/4 cup apricot, cherry or other fruit flavor preserves (I like raspberry)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl; mix well. Add margarine; stir with fork until mixture is crumbly.
3. Reserve 3/4 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Spread preserves onto crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.
Makes 16 servings.