Grace – it’s been a whilePosted: May 10, 2009
* I’m thankful for my nephew. He never fails to make me smile when I need it the most. I don’t want him to grow up and become a mean old kid! I like the kisses and hugs I get from him at age 2.
* I’m thankful for the excellent people I work with. It’s amazing to me that a group of women (okay, there are 2 guys) get along as well as we all do. We actually LIKE each other and are friends, as well as coworkers. I can’t imagine it any other way.
* I’m thankful that my boss, of all people, realized that I wasn’t quite “right” and asked me what was going on. She knows a lot about me, as we have worked together since 1995 🙂 She’s like a mom to me. She doesn’t judge me, she doesn’t tell me I’m wrong, she doesn’t try to solve all of my problems, but she listens. Just when I was feeling like I had no one to talk to, she made me sit down and get it all out. It helped so much just to talk about the problems I’m dealing with right now. They’re major problems – potentially life changing issues – that I’m dealing with. I was headed downhill in a hurry last week (so much so that I was really worried about my well being) and I’m glad Ann stepped in when she did. I won’t go into specifics here, basically because it’s no one’s business but mine and my husband’s, but Ann is the closest thing I have to a mother and I love her dearly. It sounds strange to say that one of my best friends is a 69 year old lady 🙂 She helped me when there was no one else just by listening and showing concern.
* I’m thankful that my family gets along and likes to be with each other. We are going on vacation this summer and I am SO ready for it.
* I’m thankful beyond measure that my company is doing so well. Jewelry is definitely NOT a necessity, but somehow the company I work for is kicking ass. Hopefully that means a little job security 🙂
* I’m glad I got to see my friend John today. He used to work with me, and he comes in sometimes to say hi. He gives the best hugs, and I definitely needed one. I knew he’d come through for me!
* Happy Mother’s Day, everyone 🙂