2009 in review. Yeah, I’m doing it.
Posted: January 5, 2010 Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: 2009
This has been going around the internet, so I thought I’d be a sheep as well. Baaaaaaaa. It’s from (In) Courage.
Reflection Questions for 2009
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? My friends Tarah and Jody were finally able to adopt (or are in the process of doing so) two little boys – and I am their godmother!
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? Dealing with Kevin’s layoff.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Tarah and Jody’s Christmas Cheer 🙂
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? All of the BS that Bed Bath & Beyond has put us through (and continues to put us through after 4 months). Why they can’t lay off a person and do what they are legally supposed to do, I will never know.
5. Pick three words to describe 2009. Kiss My Ass.
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you). Depressing, stressful, unhappy.
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009 (again, without asking).
Frustrating, disappointed, hurtful.
8. What were the best books you read this year?
The Girls from Ames, The Art of Racing in the Rain
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
Whitney, Tarah, Jess, Sars, and all of my co-workers. I would not have survived 2009 without all of them.
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Realizing that some people are not all they are cracked up to be and moving on from them.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I wouldn’t say that I grew emotionally this year. More like regressed.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
I’ve actually lost weight since all of this joblessness started, which is kind of new for me. I’m dying to take a pilates class, maybe even yoga as soon as we can afford it.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I had to lean on my friends and family much more this year than ever before. I also ended a friendship that was not healthy for me to be in.
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
Getting great deals using coupons! It has become more of a way of life than a hobby this year, out of necessity!
16. What was your most challenging area of home management?
Getting by on about 40% of our previous income.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Google Reader, the Bestie Board (that I am no longer a part of and miss every day), and Facebook. Duh!
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Spending time with Logan. I love that kid so much. He can always make me smile 🙂
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
I learned what is really important – family, friends, health, and happiness.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.
Suck it, 2009. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.