Chicken Milanese with Spring Greens with Parmesan-Browned Butter OrzoPosted: January 12, 2011
Chicken Milanese with Spring Greens with Parmesan-Browned Butter Orzo
¾ tsp. fresh lemon juice
¾ tsp. white wine vinegar
½ tsp. minced shallots
¼ tsp. kosher salt, divided
Dash of sugar
2 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 egg white, lightly beaten
¼ tsp. black pepper, divided
5 tsp. olive oil, divided
2 cups packed spring mix salad greens
2 lemon wedges
- Combine juice, vinegar, shallots, 1/8 tsp. salt, and sugar; let stand 15 minutes.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to ½-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a shallow dish. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place egg white in a shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg white. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken on wire rack; let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes or until browned and done.
- Add 2 tsp. oil and 1/8 tsp. pepper to shallot mixture; stir with a whisk. Add greens; toss gently. Place 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup salad on each of 2 plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Cal 402, Fat 15.4g (sat 3g), Prot 45.9g, Carb 17.7g, Fiber 1.4g, Chol 102mg, Sodium 539mg
Parmesan-Browned Butter Orzo
- Cook 1 Tbsp. butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat 4 minutes or until browned.
- Add ½ cup orzo; cook 1 minute.
- Add 2 Tbsp. white wine; cook over medium-high heat 1 minute.
- Add 1 ¼ cups chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. chives.
Cooking Light May 2010