Cheating Chicken EnchiladasPosted: January 31, 2011
I just put these together and I cannot WAIT to eat them tonight! A couple of months ago I went to our new H-E-B grocery store that opened in Burleson (a good 35 minutes away from my house), and these chili mixes were buy one, get one free. Well, I’m a sucker for a BOGO deal so I got it – plus, they were giving out samples of the red chili and it was excellent. I bought one red chili and one green chile stew.
On the label of the Green Chile Stew there is a recipe for Chicken Verde Enchiladas – and that’s what I just made. I will call them Cheating Chicken Enchiladas because they were so easy I felt like I was cheating on dinner. Soooooooo here’s the recipe, just in case the next jar doesn’t have that one on it. Yes, I will be buying many more jars of it and I suggest you do it too!
Chicken Verde Enchiladas (Cheating Chicken Enchiladas)
12-18 tortillas (corn is preferred)
2-3 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken (I shredded mine)
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Colby Jack cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
Mix chicken, sour cream and 1 cup Green Chile Stew in a bowl. Wrap tortillas in damp paper towel, then heat in a microwave for 1 minute or until pliable. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray. Place two tablespoons of mixture in a tortilla, roll up and place in pan. Repeat until pan is full. Pour the rest of the Green Chile Stew evenly over the enchiladas and top with cheese. Bake for 40 minutes at 350°.
– I made 12 enchiladas but could have made 14 with the amount of filling
– I made 2 8×8 pans with 6 enchiladas each since there are only two of us in my house. I froze the other pan, so hopefully those turn out good too.
– I believe I paid $8.99/2 jars because they were BOGO.
– The mix is made with Hatch chiles! Yum.
– I was not paid to write this or bribed in any way. However, I am not above them sending me free product – hey hey hey!
*** Edited to add: These were excellent! Definitely a hit.