6. 30 interesting facts about yourself.Posted: April 25, 2011
1. I hoard office supplies. Specifically pens.
2. Co-workers are scared of me when I can’t find “my” pen. They all help me look for it.
3. I love most kids – MOST – but I don’t want any of my own.
4. I have worked for the same company since I was 18. I’m now 33. That’s a long time.
5. I like to cook but I hate to bake.
6. I have a strange sense of humor.
7. I love getting lost in new cities.
8. I love getting lost in Austin. It never gets old.
9. The only place I would even consider moving outside of Texas for is Colorado.
10. I love my engagement/wedding ring. A simple band of diamonds. I still get so many compliments on it every day. Not that I would turn down a nice 2 carat solitaire (hint hint).
11. I have to eat out of my “Chicken Soup” bowl whenever possible. It held a flower arrangement someone sent when my mom was sick in 1990, and I would be heartbroken if anything ever happened to it. I know, that’s really weird that I have a special bowl. But it’s my blog.
12. I wait until my ice cream is melted to eat it. Right now, I have ice cream in my Chicken Soup bowl, melting.
13. I don’t eat any kind of seafood. No shrimp, no tuna, no nothing. Gross.
14. I work at a jewelry store, yet I’m not a big jewelry person. Go figure. On most of my days off, I don’t wear any jewelry – but I have a ton of it.
15. In 2000, I got into a wreck on the way to San Antonio to see my aunt. It was my birthday. I hit a pickup truck (dodging a flying ladder from another pickup truck) and caused it to roll a few times. I was fine. The other driver broke his back. Thankfully it was not my fault, and thankfully everyone was okay (after surgery, at least).
16. I cross stitch to de-stress.
17. I used to have hair down to my butt.
18. I still sleep with a teddy bear. Well, I take that back. I *did* sleep with a teddy bear up until we got Oliver. Oliver hates the bear, so he lives on the shelf for now. 😦
19. I’m a loner.
20. Fun Dip is my favorite candy. I love it.
21. My hair grows really, really fast.
22. I got my first gray hair on my 21st birthday. Or at least that’s when I noticed it for the first time. I was at the stoplight of Round Grove Road and the I-35N access road in Lewisville.
23. Up until I got married/engaged, most of my close friends were guys.
24. I am hypersensitive to noises (according to my husband). I like to think I am just easily annoyed.
25. I’m not creative, but if I see something I can make it.
26. I have had this blog since 2007. That’s a long time!
27. Google Reader is my favorite time waster.
28. Pinterest is a very close second.
29. I love my dogs like I would love my own children.
30. I love my nephew like I would love my own child.