Slow Cooker Chicken StroganoffPosted: August 23, 2011
I currently have this in the crockpot for dinner tonight and it smells so good! This is the second or third time we’ve had this in the last month or so and I was craving it, so here is the recipe – from www.allrecipes.com. I have their Dinner Spinner app on my phone, and it has come in handy several times! It’s free. You should have it. (Link for you iPhone crazies)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
1/8 cup margarine
1 (.7 oz.) packet Italian Dressing mix
8 oz. brick cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1. Put chicken, margarine, and dressing mix in crockpot; mix together and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
2. Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until heated through and warm.
3. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
Serves 4 – I only use 2 chicken breasts and it lasts us 3 days. There are only 2 of us in my house!
– Using the 1/3 less fat cream cheese does not make a difference in taste or texture. Still just as rich!
– I use cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken.
– Tonight I just put 2 whole chicken breasts in. I didn’t cube it – it fell apart in the crockpot. I prefer shredded chicken in this!
– Had it with rice tonight instead of egg noodles. I think I like it better with rice.