Yeah, I suck.Posted: October 24, 2011
I’m a slacker. I admit it. I’ve been sick/lazy/bored/sleepy/busy and have not made time (don’t get me wrong, I have HAD the time – I just have chosen not to spend it blogging) to blog lately. That has to change!
SO, I found a new blog called “Mama’s Losin’ It” and she has a writer’s workshop. Basically, she gives ideas on what to write about. We’ll see if that gets me back in the groove of things – something has to, this is worth a shot!
The first prompt I found and liked is:
List ten things you are currently sick of.
Now if you know me, you know that this will probably be really easy for me to write. Ha! Here goes!
Ten Things I am Currently Sick Of: (in no specific order)
* Politics – I’m not sure what is in store for us next November. I don’t think I even want to know, especially if Rick Perry gets that far. Kill me now.
* Hot weather – It’s October, Texas! Quit teasing me with your cool nights already. Bring it. I miss my sweaters!
* Sports – While I am so excited that the Texas Rangers are in the World Series, and I have been watching the games (at least most of them), I am tired of them. They have stolen my husband, and more importantly, my living room television. Ha! I know some of my friends are going to be so pissed at me for writing that I’m sick of sports, but I am, and it’s my blog, so suck it! Football sucks too. I’m an equal opportunity hater.
* Rude people – Look, I know that rude people are one of the (many) hazards of working retail, but that doesn’t mean I have to love them. Luckily, my store/company seems like it has a disproportionately small amount of meanies, but oh man – when we do, it’s a doozy. Having to deal with rude customers has made me a much nicer person when I am out shopping/eating, etc. I know that rude people are everywhere, but I’ve dealt with enough to know that I don’t want to add myself to that population.
* DirecTV – I’m tired of paying right around $100/month for you. That’s all. I know, it was my choice, blah blah blah, but I am so over you. I’ve got the internet.
* Mud – I’m happy that we have been getting a small amount of rain, but the mud afterwards sucks – especially when you have a 1.5 year old puppy that loves to play in it, but does not love to get his feet wiped off. As a result, we have huge mud chunks everywhere. Just when you think you have gotten them all, not so much.
* Not having much disposable income – We are luckier than a lot of people, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy with our income! I’m just being honest here. I love to shop – especially bargain shop – but we just haven’t had the extra cash money to do it. I’ve gotten used to not being able to buy whatever I want, whenever I want, but I’m not a fan of that! We have everything we need (and then some) but I want more! Is that so wrong?
* My house – We have lived in this tiny house for 6.5 years. 2 bedrooms, 1 bath. It’s old. It’s small. (It’s cheap, though – and that’s more important than anything else right now. If we had a huge rent bill every month, we would have been screwed long ago – so we stay. And stay. And stay.) I need more room. I want to be able to have my nephew come spend the night. I want a nice kitchen so I will want to cook again someday. I’m a brat, I know.
* Gasoline prices – Do I even need to go into more detail here? I guess I should shut up, though. A girl I work with just went to Hawaii for her honeymoon and had to pay $5.50/gallon. Holy crap.
* My mattresses – I laid down on a Tempurpedic at the State Fair last week and I haven’t stopped thinking about it since. I weep when I think of how comfortable I could be, and I weep even more when I think of how much it would cost me to be that comfortable. Someday, someday. I’m totally worth it.
That was really difficult, believe it or not. I felt like I was grasping at straws after the first 3 or 4. I’m pretty happy these days – I’ve got great friends, great family, health insurance, income, a place to live, a car, two dogs that love me – what else do I need?